NOTICES FROM THE OLD ROAD SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
SABBATH JANUARY 18, 2020
- There will be church board meeting tomorrow afternoon at the usual time
- There will be Prayer meeting on Wednesday night at the usual time. Please bring out the entire family circle and also invite your neighbors and friends to come along as we petition the throne of God and experience the power of prayer.
- Please note no potluck will be held next week. However, we will resume in February God willing.
- The AY Department is inviting everyone this afternoon at 4 o’ clock sharp to a drama play programme based on temptation. It promises to be exciting and enlightening. So come on out show your support and let us all have a grand time in Jesus’ name. AY begins at 4 o’ clock sharp! See you there!!!
- Sis Nola Josiah will be travelling during the course of the week. Let us pray for traveling mercies to and from her destination and keep the family circle in our prayers as they lay their loved one to rest.
- Let us continue to pray for Sis Altagracia Richardson who is hospitalized and her family. Prayers are also requested for Sis Carolyn Ephraim who is under the weather and also for Bro Craig Thomas who is recuperating at home from an eye injury.
- The Church extends belated birthday or anniversary greetings to all who celebrated during the course of the week; Sis Sonia Warner celebrated a significant milestone yesterday, her 50th birthday, and is still in celebratory mode. God’s continue guidance and blessings for another 50 plus years. Happy Birthday or Anniversary to all who are celebrating today. We also want to extend advance birthday or anniversary wishes to all who will be celebrating during the course of the upcoming week. May God continue to bless all of you abundantly.
- The funeral service for Bro Samuel Sunny Burton will be held here on Monday 27th January, 2020. Viewing from 1 o’ clock and the service will follow at 1:30. Let us all be in attendance as we thank God for the life and times of our dear brother. Please remember to keep the family circle in our prayers.
- The church extends condolences to individuals who are mourning the loss of a family member or loved one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us also keep in prayer other sick and shut in members of our community, missing members, pregnant and nursing mothers, school and college students, individuals who are affected by natural disasters and most of all, keep praying for one another.
Food for Thought – We need to remember who we are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. We are children of the Almighty God. Let us live that truth.